QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- What are Cookies?
- How you can control or delete Cookies
A. Control via your browser settings
B. Additional mechanisms for exercising choice
- Types of Cookies used by Our Site
- Questions/Contact Us
To view the Privacy Policies of our sales partners Libro.fm (Audiobooks) and My Must Reads (E-Books) please use these links: https://libro.fm/privacy & https://www.360mediadirect.com/mymustreads-privacypolicy
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively 'Cookies') are files containing small amounts of information which are stored by your browser on any Internet-enabled device – such as your computer, smart phone, or tablet – when you visit a website. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit our Sites, your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
There are many different types of cookies. For a detailed list of cookies used on our websites, please refer to the section below on “Types of Cookies Used by Our Site”.
2. How you can control or delete Cookies
We provide you with several ways to manage cookies:
- You can disable first- or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings;
- You can use opt-out tools provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), or National Advertising Initiative (NAI).
Our performance, functionality and targeting/advertising Cookies are not strictly necessary for the Sites to work but will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these Cookies, but if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Sites and some features of the site may not work as intended. For example, you may not be able to visit certain areas of the Sites or you may not receive personalized information when you visit our site.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want our website to store Cookies on your computer or device, you can change or adjust your browser or device settings to block Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent to your device.
If you use different devices to view and access the Sites (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your Cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in FireFox >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android >> Click here
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies placed on your browser when you visit the Sites to collect information about your use of the website and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet.
To learn more about your choices for receiving interest-based advertising or to opt-out, please review the information below:
- DAA: To opt-out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- EDAA: To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- NAI: To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements and communication from The Bookloft that are not customized based on Cookies.
3. Types of Cookies Used by Our Site
We use different types of cookies to run our Sites. Some or all of the cookies identified below may be stored in your browser.
Type of Cookie
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for the operation of our Sites. These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Sites and use the features, such as accessing secure areas of the Sites or using the shopping basket. For example, we may use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
Performance cookies simply help us improve the way our Sites work. We utilize these cookies to analyze how our visitors use our Sites and to monitor our Sites performance. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience and quickly identify then fix any issues that arise. For example, we may use Performance cookies to:
We use Functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, we may use Functionality cookies to:
Targeting cookies help ABA make sure that the ads you see on our Sites are relevant to you and your interests. Targeting cookies may also be placed on your device by our third party service providers that remember you have visited the Sites in order to provide you with ads more relevant to you. We may use Targeting cookies to:
Many of the cookies placed through our Sites are session cookies, while others are persistent cookies, and some are “first-party” cookies, while others are “third-party” cookies.
- First-party cookies are those set by a Site that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by www.thebookloft.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the Site being visited by the user. If a user visits a Site and another entity sets a cookie through that Site, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the Site that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are cookies that allow Site operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
4. Questions/Contact Us