The Bookloft would like to congratulate you on the publication of your book!
Since we opened our doors in 1974, we’ve been committed to supporting the work of local writers, and that support has sometimes included an author reading here at the store. In recent years, however, despite our extensive publicity efforts, event attendance has dwindled and readings are no longer an effective marketing tool, for the author or for The Bookloft.
Contact Giovanni via email: Gio@thebookloft.com
Or please stop by or give us a call (413-645-3256) to speak with Giovanni.
We do want to do everything we can to help you, so for local authors we can do the following for your book:
- Place an initial stocking order if available from our wholesalers on a standard discount/returnable basis. (Otherwise, you can provide consignment copies. See below for more information on how to consign your book with us!)
- Highlight signed copies with “Local Author” and “Autographed Copy” stickers, feature it in its relevant genre section, on the Local Authors’ shelves, and in a special display for 1 week.
- Feature it along with your (provided) photo on our website as well as on the site’s Local Authors section (with a link to your website if desired).
- Announce its arrival to our loyal customer base via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
We highly encourage you to take advantage of these potential opportunities for marketing your book (if you haven’t already):
- Local radio stations (WBCR and WSBS often feature local-author interviews)
- Local libraries: Stockbridge Library, Great Barrington Mason Library, Ramsdell Library (Housatonic), Bushnell-Sage Library (Sheffield), Roeliff Jansen Community Library (Hillsdale, NY)
In the event of a reading and/or signing, please have the librarian contact us, as we may be able to offer support toward the success of the event.
- The New England Independent Booksellers Association (NEIBA) is one of several U.S. regional trade organizations for independent booksellers. Their website, neiba.org, provides contact information for scores of independent bookstores.
- Those of you who have not yet published your book, you may be interested to know about a local print-on-demand business, Troy Book Makers. In addition to printing short runs (as few as 20 copies), TBM offers a range of author support, including design help for single-page websites.
If you are a local author (about 30 mile radius from The Bookloft) and would like to have The Bookloft stock your book through our consignment program, please email Giovanni: Gio@thebookloft.com. Or give us a call (413-645-3256) to speak with Giovanni. You may review the terms listed below for your convenience.
- We are pleased to stock your merchandise for a trial period for 120 days.
- We reconcile inventory/sales of your merchandise at the end of 120 days.
- Payment for sold merchandise (at net price) will be issued on only at the end of the 120 days, unless we need additional stock. In that case, we will issue payment for sold merchandise upon receipt of re-ordered merchandise.
- Please do not contact us to verify stock levels, sales, payment, or re-ordering. We will automatically issue payments to you, as well as place re-stocking orders as needed.
- Upon notification of termination, you will be requested to pick up any unsold merchandise within 30 days. We do not ship merchandise back to you; pick-up is your responsibility. Thirty days after termination notification, any unclaimed merchandise will be discarded, and we will no longer be held responsible for your property.
We wish you all the best with your new book! Please let us know how we can support your book based on the information we’ve provided.