The Secret Chapter (The Invisible Library Novel #6) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Invisible Library Novel series.
- #1: The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library Novel #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: The Masked City (The Invisible Library Novel #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: The Burning Page (The Invisible Library Novel #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Lost Plot (The Invisible Library Novel #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Dark Archive (The Invisible Library Novel #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: The Untold Story (The Invisible Library Novel #8) (Paperback): $16.00
Time-travelling, dimension-jumping, Librarian-spy Irene and dragon-prince Kai will have to team up with an unlikely band of misfits to pull off an amazing art heist—or risk the wrath of a dangerous villain with a secret island lair.
A Librarian’s work is never done, and Irene is summoned to the Library. The world where she grew up is in danger of veering deep into chaos, and she needs to obtain a particular book to stop this from happening. Her only choice is to contact a mysterious Fae information-broker and trader of rare objects: Mr. Nemo.
Irene and Kai make their way to Mr. Nemo’s remote Caribbean island and are invited to dinner, which includes unlikely company. Mr. Nemo has an offer for everyone there: he wants them to steal a specific painting from a specific world. But to get their reward, they will have to form a team, including a dragon techie, a Fae thief, a gambler, a driver, and the muscle. Their goal? The Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna, in an early twenty-first-century world, where their toughest challenge might be each other.
About the Author
Genevieve Cogman is a freelance author, who has written for several role-playing game companies. She currently works for the NHS in England as a clinical classifications specialist. She is the author of The Invisible Library, The Masked City, The Burning Page, and The Lost Plot.
Praise for the Invisible Library Novels
"Surrender to the sheer volume of fun that appears on every page."--Starburst
"A breath of fresh air....A book in which to wallow."--The Guardian (UK)
"Such clever, creepy, elaborate world building and snarky, sexy-smart characters!"--N. K. Jemisin, author of The Fifth Season
"A dazzling bibliophilic debut."--Charles Stross, Hugo Award-winning author of the Laundry Files series
“A historical mashup of detectives, libraries, and fantasy characters revolving around time-traveling librarian spies. A delicious mix.”—Library Journal