Independent since 1974 · NEW Phone! 413-645-3256 ·
Mon-Fri 10-7 · Sat 10-6 · Sun 11-5 · Contact Us
63 State Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230 · Map
CLOSED, but you may still place CERTAIN ONLINE ORDERS (find out more)
Ghost: Thirteen Haunting Tales to Tell (Scary Children's Books for Kids Age 9 to 12, Ghost Stories for Middle Schoolers) (Hardcover)
Thirteen dark tales for a new generation. Coupled with haunting illustrations, this collection is sure to bring chills to readers, young and old. From ghosts to monsters and haunted woods, each terrifying tale is as captivating as it is disturbing. A must read for budding young fans of the horror genre and a delight for all ages.— Giovanni
Ghost: Thirteen Haunting Tales to Tell is a ghost story collection for middle schoolers.
Featuring the only true ghost stories in existence (as the book itself will tell you), readers discover 13 eerie encounters that are perfect for sharing—if they dare.
With tales about a finger against the inside of a mirror, a wooded area where the trees look back, and a basement door blocked by a brick wall so thick it stifles the screams from below, this book is sure to haunt anyone who can't resist a spooky story.
• Filled with creepy poems and tales
• Features striking, bone-chilling illustrations from Disney-Pixar talent
• Book contains all original stories
This haunting book will consume your imagination and keep readers of every age up long past their bedtimes.
• Great for those who can't get enough of Halloween, ghost stories, scary movies, and all things spooky, as well as librarians and teachers looking for a thrilling read to share with students
• The perfect book to read by a campfire or during a slumber party—or alone under the covers in the middle of the night
• Add it to the shelf with books like A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz, Coraline by Neil Gaiman, Malice by Chris Wooding, and the Serafina series
About the Author
Illustrátus is a small, California-based design company boasting talent with years of experience in the animation industry. Contributors to this chilling collection include authors Blaise Hemingway and Jesse Reffsin, and illustrators Chris Sasaki and Jeff Turley.
"[Ghost] is a delightfully horrific and atmospheric collection to share aloud or under the blankets with a long-lasting flashlight. perfect for children who want a good scare!"— School Library Journal,Starred Review