That's right, we are in MASSACHUSETTS!
Independent bookstores all across America are having a party on Saturday, April 28th. Come on out to The Bookloft for a fun day of exclusive books and literary items that you can only get on this day at a store. Not before. Not online. Not after they run out.
The Bookloft is holding a new monthly youth spoken word and poetry event on the second Tuesday of every month. Poets 25 and under are welcome.
Loved the Black Panther film? If you loved the layered textures of the universe, and the depth of the Wakandan world, then try some of these novels that are equally rich in wondrous worldbuilding:
While it seems there has always been a lot of books being adapted to movies and television shows, 2018 just feels extra full of 'em. We'll leave it up to you to decide whether you're excited or apprehensive about these. Here's a (by no means comprehensive) list:
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
• Release date: March 9
• Ava DuVernay will direct. Mindy Kaling, Oprah Winfrey, and Reese Witherspoon will star as the three witches. See the whole cast here.
• Watch the trailer for A Wrinkle in Time.
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
• Release date: Spring of 2018
• Michael B. Jordan, Michael Shannon, Sofia Boutella, Lilly Singh, and Laura Harrier will star. Directed by Ramin Bahrani.
• Watch the teaser trailer for Fahrenheit 451.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• Release date: March 30
• Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, T.J. Miller, and Simon Pegg will star. Directed by Steven Spielberg.
• Watch the trailer for Ready Player One.
As 2017 fades away, it's not hard to look back at the best books we read in 2017. So we asked the booksellers here at the Bookloft to give us their top 5 books from 2017. Here's what they came up with.