Independent since 1974 ·
(413) 528-1521 · Mon-Fri 10-7 · Sat 10-6 · Sun 11-5 · Contact Us
332 Stockbridge Rd. Great Barrington, MA 01230 · Map
CLOSED, but you may still place CERTAIN ONLINE ORDERS (find out more)
While it seems there has always been a lot of books being adapted to movies and television shows, 2018 just feels extra full of 'em. We'll leave it up to you to decide whether you're excited or apprehensive about these. Here's a (by no means comprehensive) list:
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
• Release date: March 9
• Ava DuVernay will direct. Mindy Kaling, Oprah Winfrey, and Reese Witherspoon will star as the three witches. See the whole cast here.
• Watch the trailer for A Wrinkle in Time.
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
• Release date: Spring of 2018
• Michael B. Jordan, Michael Shannon, Sofia Boutella, Lilly Singh, and Laura Harrier will star. Directed by Ramin Bahrani.
• Watch the teaser trailer for Fahrenheit 451.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• Release date: March 30
• Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, T.J. Miller, and Simon Pegg will star. Directed by Steven Spielberg.
• Watch the trailer for Ready Player One.
As 2017 fades away, it's not hard to look back at the best books we read in 2017. So we asked the booksellers here at the Bookloft to give us their top 5 books from 2017. Here's what they came up with.
Zazu's Top 5
Join us for a meet-and-greet, book signing, and a relaxed informal discussion with the author of a new novel partially set in the Berkshires! David Adams Cleveland will be here to sign some copies of Time's Betrayal and chat with you on Wednesday, October 25th, at 3:00pm.
If you're like us, you've been watching as the National Book Awards judges choose their finalists before narrowing it down to one final winner in each category (to be revealed on November 15th). It's just like a literary playoffs bracket!
Check out the finalists below. (And notice that our 2 Staff Picks have made the cut in the Nonfiction category!)
Below is the 2017 Longlist for the National Book Award, divided by category. Keep an eye out for our Staff Picks that made the cut!
Some future key dates if you're keeping score at home:
Oct. 4 - Finalists are announced (Shortlist)
Nov. 15 - Winners are announced in each category
CLICK ON A COVER OR TITLE to read more about the finalist. The single winner will be announced on Oct. 17, so stay tuned.
Congratulations to Staff Pick Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders for making the cut!